IU shows off her birthday presents from fans


On May 16th, singer IU celebrated her 18th (19th in Korea) birthday.

The idol updated her me2day account, saying, “Tadaa! I really wore this when I went to film today.” In the attached picture, IU took a proof shot of the t-shirt she received as a gift from fans. This gift was especially special to her because it was directly handmade by a fan.

With a big smile on her face, IU showed her approval of the gift.

She also posted, “I came back after finishing my schedule, but my birthday has already come to an end! I was so nervous all day that I forgot it was my birthday, but I thank everyone who congratulated my birthday throughout the day! Mom, Dad, I love you!”


Meanwhile, IU also revealed a picture of a gift from a fan that read ‘PG-19′ (rated R).

Before you put your mind in the gutter, the gift turned out to be a rice cake that was delivered to her while she was MCing at SBS’s “Inkigayo“.

IU stated, “Birthday rice cake that was delivered to Inkigayo! I will eat it deliciously with the other performers and staff members. Thank you. I want to take and upload a picture of each gift and letter, but I will slowly greet you all.”

In the picture, IU is expressing a ’surprised’ expression. On top of her expression, the box she was holding had a ‘rated R’ sticker on top. Because of this, it is understandable why many fans mistook to present for an ‘adult’ gift.

Netizens jokingly commented, “Could it be, a rated R tape?”, “OMG, rated R… ke”, and “Why are my eyes drawn to the 19 on the rice cake box?”.

Source: My Daily via Nate, Sports Seoul via Nate
Photos: IU’s Me2Day